How to remove a device from iCloud and disconnect it from your account
Most Apple users use iCloud to synchronize and backup their devices as well as to access some Apple services available through iCloud. When you stop recycle one of your devices you need to remove it from your iCloud account. You can do that using your iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
How to remove a device from iCloud using an iPhone or iPad
1. Start the Settings app and then tap your account name at the top of the screen.
2. Scroll down to find the list of devices connected to your account. Tap the one you want to remove.
3. Tap “Remove from Account.” You’ll need to confirm you want to do this.
How to remove a device from iCloud using a Mac
1. Click the Apple icon at the top of the screen and then choose “System Preferences…”
2. Click “Apple ID” at the top right of the System Preferences window.
3. In the pane on the left, scroll down and click the device you want to remove. Then click “Remove from Account…” You’ll need to confirm you want to remove it.